Sunday, May 4, 2008

May 3rd -- Cedar-Yellowpoint Route

Finally got back out on that bike again.... Yikes, I thought I'd have managed to get out sooner. But I need at least 13 degrees Celcius, and some companions. I only managed about an-hour-and-a-half today, and there wasn't anything special about the ride. We'd hoped to try a new area that my mother said might be good... but the road wasn't nice and we turned back. We ended up doing the Cedar-Yellowpoint loop a few times. I am pleased that I'm not struggling to find gears as much... there's no jiggling around on the bike as I try to remember where and what and how it all works. I feel more at ease with each ride.

Well, the truth is that when I first get on the "Little Hussy" I'm stiff. As a result of the tension in my body, the bike seems stiff too... like it gets what I'm feeling and behaves likewise. Vic is giving me pointers too, and tells me that I slow down too soon when I see a stop ahead or a turn. But he's so pleased with the progress he sees. By the end of the ride, I'm loose, feeling so much more at ease.

The Cedar-Yellowpoint route is nice for getting me relaxed. There's not a great deal of traffic and I don't have stops all over the place. That said, it's not going to give me the riding experiences I truly need. We'll have to venture further and do more on the back streets of Nanaimo. We'll be out again tomorrow. After all, the Saturday ride couldn't happen until work was done. Tomorrow is mine for riding!

1 comment:

peaceful said...

Hey, congradulations. I have always wanted to have my own bike but never got one. My brother had a Honda for a few years and now that he has finished raising my niece, he has been talking about getting another one. This must have been a real thrill. Keep up the good work. We'll have to call your new blog....Easy Rider II lol Take care, have fun, and be safe.
Paul