Friday, May 16, 2008

May 16th -- Genoa Bay with Janice, Vic and Steppie


Wooooohooooo.... I got to meet Janice this morning. She came over to ride with us. We had a wonderful warm weather ride to Genoa Bay. And the picture here is taken there... we had to stop for a coffee.

I notice that I'm a little stiff when I start out. Maybe partly because we had not been out for a while. But once I warm up and relax, things are just soooooo much smoother.

At one point as we were negotiating our way through wonderful winding sections of road, I suddenly thought, "gotta be careful in case of deer." Wouldn't you know about a second later a beautiful doe jumped out and ran across the road in front of me. I'd already slowed instinctively when I had the aforementioned thought. The pleasure I felt in not being surprised, and being able to brake further without panic and simply ride on... ah, how do I express this... it was sheer delight. Stephen was riding lead and didn't see her at all, but Janice and Vic did, and Vic was so thrilled with my riding. Me too.

This is the first warm weather ride I've enjoyed on my bike. I love the windscreen... it sure cuts down on that buffeting that I had on my chest before... even seems to cut the buffeting of my head. I suppose the wind is directed up over me somehow, even though the windscreen is only shielding my body, not my head. The warm air felt so wonderful. Gotta admit, though, that stopping means instant overheating and I can't be fast enough getting the helmet and gloves off. Ah, the things we do for fun! I love my bike. I am nuts about my bike.

No comments: