Thursday, May 22, 2008

May 21 -- Ride to Work and Healing Burns

I never thought I'd be riding the bike to The Pottery Store, but did that today. Mind you, Vic accompanied me on his bike and returned at the end of the day to ride home with me again.

I quickly took the lead though, I just wanted to make sure we didn't head straight home. Gotta tell you... I'm sooooo hooked.

I also want to report on my burns. They're healed! I have never had a burn heal so quickly in my life. For 2nd and 3rd degree burns to be completely healed in a week? I'm still amazed. I was able to take a nice hot bath one week after my little accident, without bandages. I'd pulled them off, realized that the burn was no longer draining or seeping, and decided it was time to immerse the leg (with a little trepidation). No pain!

I have to attribute this incredible healing to my sister, Patricia, a reiki master! She's been working on me every day since it happened, and I'm here to tell you, if you're not a believer in this meditative healing technique, well, it's time to open your mind up and give it a try. I have a little pink skin, no scars... though it sure looked like I would have them when the skin around the burn was puckering and pulling just a few days ago. I've been using vitamin E capsules, breaking them open and rubbing that in, and I am delighted. Not that it's a lovely picture, but this is how it's looking now. I won't even be able to brag about surviving these burns in a few more days, because I won't have any proof anymore.

Thanks Patricia, you are one of my idols, and I'm so lucky to have you as my one and only precious sister.

No comments: