Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Friday Run into Nanaimo

Well, I said I'd record my first year of riding, and so here I am. But at this point, there's really so little to tell. I took off to Costco to pick up a prescription. Since I've now made that ride so often, there's no real excitement anymore... or is there? I decided to do the back routes. Made sure that I had lots of stopping and starting, including some on hills. I'm delighted to say that I didn't stall my Hussy once on a hill (and that was a problem just a few short weeks ago). That's not to say that my ride was completely problem free, because I did stall the Hussy once. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I tend to slow too much for corners, and the stall happened when I was still in too high a gear for the slow turn, and suddenly the Hussy died. I'm so glad that there wasn't anyone behind me. Dang, this had not happened for a while, so it really got me down. But the ride along Hammond Bay Road and Stephenson Point Road was beautiful. I kept my eyes peeled for deer, and did see a few, but they were safely off the road and munching away.

Before too long I was home again. The ride helped me relax and I needed that! Ah, the Hussy is great therapy. And "Therapy" is what Draggie calls her bike... good name.

No comments: