Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Day Before the Road Test

July 21st

I just had to get out and do some riding in Nanaimo. I wanted to find streets with lots of stops and opportunities for right and left hand turns, and uphill starts and areas to do u-turns. Most of all I wanted to find my comfort level back again. I had a test ahead of me the following day. I also wanted to spend time with Vic. Phew, I'm so glad we had this day. It all came back, the ease, the comfort, the ability to feel like I could handle my bike. Yep, definitely turned it around again. Got myself mentally ready for that test. And one of the things that helped me get there was finding my leather legs... they're just so wonderful! They keep my legs protected from any gravel or stuff. They give me a sense of se curity, and as nice as they look in this image, they're even better over my own red Doc Martens. And they're so great when the weather is too hot for chaps. They come from a great guy, Scott, who makes them to measure, and they feel great.red.jpg

No comments: