Friday, April 25, 2008

March 10th -- Fear Factor Strikes

Oh yes, another ride... but halfway up the road it starts to rain, and the road is slick under me. At least that's what my brain is telling me. And I'm going uphill and I just want off! Panic. I pulled over and waited for my husband to come and turn me around. What a coward.

At this point I'm truly feeling scared. What if I disappoint Vic and Stephen... especially Stephen. After all, he must be hoping I will love my bike. Not many young men can boast of buying their mother a motorcycle for Christmas. I keep my mouth shut and I'm determined to learn somehow. I tell the guys that the weather has to warm up some more because it's turning far too cool for this old gal. Inside I'm struggling for courage. That's when I remembered hearing about the Vancouver Island Lady Riders. I went online, found the forum, joined, and in came the encouragement.

I might not have been riding throughout April, but I was reading and learning and falling in love with the thought that I would be able to ride if I just relaxed and allowed myself to believe in my own ability. I love the VILR and WWR forums. I kept thinking, if my sisters can do it, I can too.

No comments: