Monday, April 21, 2008

Last May my son bought himself a bike... a 750cc Honda Shadow. He brought home three helmets, one for my husband and me. He also told his Papa to feel free to take the bike out anytime. Since he used his truck for work, the bike was often available and hubby began to ride.

Vic hasn't had a bike for over 25 years, so riding was a delicious and thrilling return to a past passion. By August, Vic had his own bike. And I suddenly became a regular passenger... always seeing a helmet in front of my face.

I took a brief course last fall, on a 250 cc Virago. For Christmas my son got me my own Shadow. It's a beauty, a 2006 Honda Shadow VLX 600cc "California Hussy" and I'm in love with her.

I'm a beginner. I've only had three extended rides and three very short ones. I've such a long way to go, but I have support all over the place.

No comments: