Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The battery...

Yes, a new season is just ahead. I picked up a friend at the ferry terminal on Saturday. As we drove back to my home I realized it was warm and sunny and there were so many bikes out there enjoying the roads. That did it. I knew it was time for me to get some insurance on my Little Hussy.

My friend, MaryJoy, was all excited about the prospect of a ride as well. But our anticipation turned to disappointment very quickly, while I also learned a very important lesson. Start your bike before you spend the money on insurance. Yep, my battery is dead!

I was upset enough to send Vic off to get a replacement right away. It didn't matter that we had a dinner invitation, very little time, and lots to do that day. I wanted and needed my ride. Vic called Canadian Tire and they assured him they had two batteries in stock. Luckily, he brought my old battery along and quickly learned that what they had wasn't what I needed. He ended up going to the Honda Bike Shop in Nanaimo and ordering a new battery.

Sunday was glorious and I was saddened to see even more bikers on the road whilst I was not one of them. Perhaps the word here is jealous. Ah well. Monday and Tuesday too were gorgeous. Today I will get my battery; however, it's promising to rain later. Ah those plans... how often they go awry. Yep, it's a new season, but I'm not sure when I'm going to get to enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

Jaliya said...

Yay! You're blogging again! :-D

I've been getting a kick out of the Facebook back & forths between you and MJ about the #!*%! battery ... xo